146.00 x 71.00 x 8.50
LED Flash 5-megapixel Front Camera
Zopo Speed 7 description
Zopo Speed 7 is a Android phone, manufactured by Zopo , was launched in August 2015. Zopo Speed 7 price in india starts from Rs. 17,500. The phone comes with a 5 inches touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080x1920 pixels.
Zopo Speed 7 is powered by 1.5GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded using microSD, up to 64GB . As far as the cameras are concerned, the Zopo Speed 7 packs a 13.2-megapixel primary camera on the rear. On the front, it packs an 5-megapixel .
The Zopo Speed 7 is powered by Li-ion battery with a capacity of 2500 mAh. It measures 146.00 x 71.00 x 8.50 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 150 grams.
The Zopo Speed 7 is a dual SIM. Connectivity options include v4.0,No, .
Zopo Speed 7 variants
Zopo Speed 7 Ratings
Write Your ViewsShare your views about this phone
Zopo Speed 7 User Reviews
Specifications - 8/10
Build Quality - 7/10
**NOTE TO BUYER** - I have this phone in black colour. The headphones included in the box are really low quality. If you are looking for budget headphones, you can consider Creative EP-630 or Mi Piston 2.
Display - 9/10
Camera - 8/10 back (13.2 MP) and 7/10 front (5 MP)
Speaker - 8/10
Battery - 7/10
- Good form factor, brushed metal on the sides
- Back cover has a nice feel, does not catch fingerprints
- Clear, bright screen and no touch-lag
- Pre-installed screenguard
- Both back and front camera are quite good, no shutter-lag
- Camera natively supports time-lapse videos
- Fast and accurate GPS
- Loud, clear speaker for notifications and calls
- Inbuilt option to record phone calls
- Decent battery, surprisingly lasts one full day
- Dual 4G sim, I don't have 4G but no call drops yet
- Expandable memory (upto 64 GB micro-SD)
- 3 GB RAM, no crashed apps or hung phone
- Super fast multitasking
- Supports HEVC/H.265 videos natively, so great for movies and videos too
- Lot of gesture sensing software but I don't use it
- Only 9 GB is available to user out of 16 GB
- Sometimes pictures are blurry, even videos don't focus properly
- Battery takes almost 2 hours to charge from 0 t0 100%
- The accessories included are low quality (charger & headphones)
- Some apps are not compatible with this phone, like Zomato and Contacts +
- Phone heats up when charging, taking videos or playing games
- Only 1 notification LED colour: red
- Zopo's own skin (Z UI) is not very good, I think plain Android is better
- Pre-installed bloatware like APUS launcher
- The back cover becomes lose and the phone bends if you twist it gently
- Phone is slippery, definitely requires a cover for grip
? IN THE BOX
- Zopo Speed 7
- Charger and USB data cable
- Instruction manuals
All the photos in this review except photos of the phone, were taken from the phone itself. I have also included a low light landscape photo. Hope it gives you an idea of the camera quality.
This is an in-depth review of the phone. I tried to mention everything important in the pros and cons above, but you can read below for more details. Zopo has over 100 service centres in India. You can see the list here: http://goo.gl/qIA0ua
The phone looks good. It is slim, has brushed metal sides and a raised camera lens so no scratches. I have already dropped the phone a few times, dented the corners and scratched the back cover quite deep. Once I dropped it so hard the back cover came off and the battery flew out. Still it works quite well and does not seem to be affected.
Volume and Power button are both on the right side, headphone port is on top left and charging port is on bottom right. Speaker is on the back. Under the back cover, there are 2 sim slots and micro-SD slot. You have to remove the battery to change sim-card but not to change micro-SD card.
One major flaw in the phone is that memory available to user is under 9 GB out of 16 GB. This means the operating system is over 7 GB! Memory can be expanded with a memory card, so it's not that bad, but I still wonder if any of that bloatware is actually spyware.
The Speed 7 comes with headphones, charger and charging/data cable in the box. The charging cable is short and the stock headphones have a mic, but sound quality is not good, so you should really consider getting better ones if you like your music. The soundcard in the Speed 7 is not bad but it definitely could have been more powerful.
PROCESSOR & UI
The processor [1.5 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753] and 3 GB RAM work together to deliver a nearly flawless experience. Zopo's own UI called is not so good, but it has the open-source attitude of Android. The OS is updated regularly, and this version is based on Android 5.1 out of the box. There is no news about upgrade to Android 6 at the time of this review.
Gaming is smooth, Asphalt 8 and FIFA run for hours without any lag, but the phone heats up when gaming, taking videos or watching movies longer than 10 minutes. The heat is concentrated near the camera, which is strange because the battery is much lower than that.
The Mediatek processor and native video player support the latest video format H.265. This format fits full HD movies in half the space. This means 1080p movie in ~1GB!
There are several gesture sensing options, like you can scroll photos in gallery by moving your palm in front of the screen, or double tap to wake screen. But they are sometimes inaccurate and use more battery, so I leave them off.
All functions such as wifi and bluetooth work perfectly, and it performs very well under heavy multi-tasking. There is also an inbuilt feature to record phonecalls, which you can do by tapping on the options during a phonecall.
The stock launcher has limited customisation. I solved this is by installing Nova Launcher. The premium features of this app are incredibly powerful and pirated APKs are available online. If you like the application, I urge you to buy it through the Play Store and support the developer, it only costs ? 200 and lasts forever.
The screen is vivid and does a good job with colours. Picture and video quality is great, and colours are warm, but I feel the Xiaomi Mi 4i has a better screen and daylight visibility. The Speed 7 responds instantly and no touch-lag was noticeable. I personally don't like big devices, so I think the 5 inch full HD screen on Speed 7 is the right size for portability and usability.
One problem with the screen is that if you put a little pressure on it, you can see the LCD crystals distort. They become dark and take some time to reset. If the pressure continues for extended periods then it will certainly damage the display. This is very dangerous so be careful when putting the phone in your pocket.
CAMERA & AUDIO
The 13.2 MP main camera takes good pictures and excellent videos. I have added some photos to this review to give you an idea. Contrast and white-balance is excellent and photos come out quite crisp. Night time and low light photos are also good. It natively supports time-lapse videos, image stabilisation, object tracking and other cool modes. There is no shutter lag whatsoever.
Sometimes when taking still photographs, there is blur so you have to shoot 2-3 photos to get the right one. Similarly, sometimes during videos you have to manually tap on the screen to focus. The flash should be more powerful. Even my Moto G has brighter flash, and it is nowhere near the dual flash on Xiaomi Mi 4i.
The front camera (for video chat) is a decent 5MP and does good quality video recording. A lot of the time-lapse and image stabilisation features are can also be used on the front camera.
The speaker on the back is clear and quite loud. But the sound-card hardware is not that great. There are options to enhance the volume or bass in the settings. But it does not make a significant difference to the quality of music, like the the Apple sound-cards or DIRAC sound-card on Xiaomi devices.
The battery lasts around 10 hrs with normal use, which is surprising considering the large screen and relatively smaller 2500 mAh battery size. But you have to turn off the gesture-sensing options to optimise battery life.
It takes 2 hours to charge from 0 to 100% which is too long. Once the battery drains completely, it takes about 5 minutes of charging before you can even turn it on. Every time you turn it off and on, some saved settings are forgotten. For example it forgets that my default home is Nova Launcher and not the stock launcher, so I have to change the settings again.
The included charger has a very short cable and is low quality overall.
1. The camera problems need to be fixed. I believe it can be resolved with a software update in the future. I hope they also upgrade to Android 6.0 soon.
2. The battery problems and settings memory need to be reconfigured. Also can be solved with a software update.
3. The heating issues also need to be solved. This probably cannot be done with a software update.
4. Some apps like Zomato and Contacts + are not compatible with this device. Very disappointing, since these are quite useful apps.
5. It looks premium, but it doesn't feel premium once you hold it. It is very slippery so you will definitely need to buy a cover for the phone.
6. Z UI is very limited. Original Android without bloatware would have been best. I feel these are important issues, which is why I reduced one star in the rating.
- VERDICT -
Zopo Speed 7 is a value-for-money phone with heating and other some issues. If you are willing to overlook them then there is no better phone at this price.
Thank you for reading this far. If you found my review helpful, please consider clicking the "YES" button below :)
Zopo Speed 7 Product Specification
- Brand :
- Model :
- Zopo Speed 7
- Released on :
- August 2015 (Official)
- Number of SIM :
- 2 , (GSM+GSM)
- Dimensions (mm) :
- 146.00 x 71.00 x 8.50
- Weight (gm) :
- Screen size (inches) :
- Touchscreen type :
- IPS LCD
- Resolution :
- 1080x1920 pixels
- Pixel Density :
- Screen To Body Ratio :
- Display Features :
- Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
- RAM :
- Internal Storage :
- Expandable Storage Type :
- microSD, up to 64GB
- Processor :
- 1.5GHz octa-core
- Chipset :
- MediaTek MT6753
- GPU :
- Mali-T720 MP3
- Operating System :
- Android 5.1
- Rear Camera :
- Flash :
- LED Flash
- Camera Features :
- Digital Zoom Face detection Smile detection Touch to focus
- Front Camera :
- Video Recording :
- 1280x720 @ 25 fps
- Audio Jack :
- 3.5 mm
- Bluetooth :
- MHL Out :
- HDMI :
- Battery Capacity :
- 2500 mAh
- Battery Type :